Weddings are so much fun and, just when you think you’ve seen it all, new wedding trends pop up that surprise and excite all over again. Next year, 2012, will prove to be no different. Some of the following top 10 wedding trends are new, some are the resurgence of an old idea and others are a unique twist on an old favorite.
1. A Royal influence is expected in 2012. From Kate’s dress, her sister’s white bridesmaid’s dress and a revival of hats, everything and anything related to the royal wedding will be a popular wedding trend. Americans have long been enthralled by everything Royal and this latest royal nuptial will surely influence wedding trends for years to come.
2. A popular wedding idea for the reception is specialty stations. We have seen them in the past, but they will explode in 2012. From liquor tasting stations to coffee bars with baristas, what type of specialty station to have at your wedding is only limited by your imagination. In fact, depending on your theme, you could even venture to include a cigar bar or have an entire reception centered on the idea of hosting wine and cheese sampling.
3. Jewels are another fashionable new wedding trend yet not in the way that you’d think. Jewels sparkle everywhere in the seasons to come. They adorn everything from the bride’s hair to the bouquet. Some creative bakeries are even adding a little bling to the wedding cake for a unique look.
5. Wedding themes are back with a vengeance. And, why not? Themes are fun for everyone involved, from the wedding party to the guests. There really is something to be said about hunting down the perfect wedding reception site or favor for your chosen theme. A winery would be the perfect setting for a themed wedding. Likewise, a beachfront ceremony lends itself to a sea theme. You can even go for a non-traditional theme like Christmas in July or a medieval themed wedding held at a Shakespeare Festival. It’s your wedding; have fun.
6. The dessert table gains more ground over the traditional cake again in 2012. In fact, it has now expanded to include a variety a specialty items. Guests love the idea of getting up when they’re ready and picking out one or two special treats. Thoughtful brides love being able to offer everyone’s favorite with this option. Miniature cheesecakes, single-serve key lime pies and ice cream sundae bars with a plethora of toppings all fit the bill and satisfy the sweet tooth. Believe it; no one will be watching the calories on the day of the event.